Current Ministry Information
Updates on our activities in the midst of Coronavirus. We continue to follow IDPH guidelines for best practices in a changing situation. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at (309) 662-4253, or contact a member of the church staff.
Worship is streamed online each Sunday at 10am www.youtube.com/user/FBCBloomingtonIL/live
* Plans subject to change based on circumstances and will be posted here
* For information on hosting an in-person small group or class, click here.
For those who choose to attend worship or events in-person:
(Updated May 17, 2021)
- For Sunday Worship in the sanctuary: those who are fully vaccinated may take their masks off when seated. Continued masking is appreciated, especially while singing, but not mandated.
- Masks will continue to be required when entering and leaving the church building and when interacting with others in a mixed group.
- Barker Hall will also be available as a fully-masked space for those who prefer to stay with others who remain masked, or who simply want more space.
- Those who are not/cannot be vaccinated will continue to be asked to wear masks when in the church building.
- Masks are available at the entrance to the church, along with hand sanitizer as needed.
- Masking will not be required when meeting outdoors for worship or small groups.
- Small groups of those who are fully vaccinated may decide as a group whether to remain masked or to go without. If the group is not sure, assume it is a mixed group and remain masked when indoors.
- Functionally, we will not have occupancy limits in the Sanctuary or Barker Hall.
- During the bridge phase, classroom capacity will be at 60%, and fully opened once in Phase 5.
- The resumption of adult small groups on Sunday morning is continuing to be worked out and we will have more information on this soon.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we journey through this together.
Current Classes and Small Groups:
(click on the Zoom links to join)
FBC Ladies Bible Study: 1st and 3rd Saturdays 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm online through Zoom
Men’s Breakfast: 2nd Saturday of the month 9-10am online via Zoom
Wednesday Evening Bible Study: an interactive discussion on the scripture for the coming Sunday. 6:00pm via Zoom
Koinonia Class: Meets alternating Thursday evenings at 7pm in Barker Hall
Crusader Class: Meets Wednesday mornings at 11am – contact the church office for meeting location.
Meeting ID Numbers (if you prefer to save them / write them down)
1) The Church Account Meeting ID is our phone number: 309 662 4253
* Used for Sunday Prayer & Sharing time, the Wednesday Bible Study, Racism and Justice Class, Board and Committee Meetings
2) The Christian Education Account Meeting ID is: 822 018 8253
* Used for the LOGOS program, the Women’s Small Group, the Koinonia Class and Special Gatherings
To Join a Zoom meeting by phone, dial: 1 312 626 6799, then when prompted, enter the Meeting ID number, followed by the # key.
Using the Church Building for Classes and Small Groups:
Small group ministries for all ages are an important part of the ministry of First Baptist Church, and are continuing to meet and gather in multiple ways.
- Classrooms and other meeting spaces are available throughout the week to reserve for small group gatherings. Please contact the church office to reserve a time and place. (The current guidelines limit rooms to 60% capacity).
- Sunday morning classes are not currently scheduled but are under discussion for timing and resumption.
- Masking / distancing requirements are following the current CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated participants. When indoors, assume a mixed group and mask unless everyone is vaccinated and comfortable with meeting without masks.
- Reservations may be made through Jania by phone or email.
A word about ministry in this time:
Over the years, we’ve heard it said that the church is not the building, it is the people. The events unfolding in our world are challenging and upsetting, and at the same time, they reveal the essential truth that community and the bonds we share in love as children of God in Jesus Christ remain even when we cannot gather in person as we are used to.
At the same time, we are all leaning into and learning new ways of being the church in this time. We believe that despite all of our uncertainty, God is present, God is active, and God is moving to redeem these events, bringing good out of what is not good.
One way we will continue to honor God and connect with each other is by gathering online for worship together; not as if we were watching Netflix or a podcast, but actively engaging and being together in a virtual space.
I believe that in the midst of something none of us would choose, God has given us the opportunity to ask some of the most important questions about our faith, to realize the value of our church family, to step into a time of fear and respond with grace, love, and the confidence that as Paul writes in Romans 8:39 “No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”